Sunday, November 19, 2023

How amazing

How amazing it is that there are adventurous souls who have stuffed their passport and camera into a rucksack and headed for parts unknown.  I’ve been told that if you travel you realize how small the world is but I find that impossible to believe.  I once flew from southern BC to northern Alberta and as I watched mountain range after endless mountain range spread out below I had the most uncomfortable realization that my daughter and I were to be separated by an unfathomable distance.  

Maybe it is the ability to come home again that fools  people into thinking the distance is nothing at all.  Just a little hop in a plane and presto, half a continent is traversed. 

I think it is only this century that has come to think of distance so casually. 

We can travel into yesterday or tomorrow now with a plane ticket.  And we can see life unfolding under the sun while we dance under the moon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment