Friday, November 10, 2023

Cherish

 I thought I would talk about crochet in honour of the letter C but as I sat huddled and cold, watching my grandson play hockey this morning while birds slept, I realized the letter C was all around me.  Not just the cold either.  There are coaches. Some, the definition of cool, calm control and others, “sound and fury.”

There is the constant crunch and crash as players launch themselves into the path of danger.  And a whole lot of checking and cheering. 

But the biggest C by far is the clock.  The large fickle clock that goes far too slowly when your team is perilously in the lead and far too fast when you are clawing your way from behind. 

The clock that says there is ten minutes left but you know by doing a series of complicated mathematical formulas that there is actually19 minutes of play left. 

And when you straggle out into the light of day, older and wiser, you are thankful because you know those moments are a limited time offer and therefore, something to cherish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment