Wednesday, May 27, 2020

timeless play


It is unbelievable to me that this picture of my apple-cheeked Aunt was snapped nearly 100 years ago. Gadzooks! How can 1927 reach out of the past and clasp me by the hand, here in 2020?
I'm beginning to carve a doll head and wouldn't her little face be the perfect inspiration?
Her trendy bobbed hair.
Her dress, just as at home today as then.
It just takes little bits of fabric to sew a dress for a little bit of a girl, a small project, but Gramma has lovingly trimmed the pocket and collar and cuffs.
Oh my Gramma could tweak fabric and sew magic.
The wagon with hand carved wheels is my Grandfather's contribution to childhood happiness. He was creativity itself, which you needed to be if you lived in the boonies in the 1920's.
A wash tub hangs against the log wall making the most of vertical storage space.
A broom that has swept a thousand sweeps leans tiredly against the door frame.
A Toddler Interrupted gazes sternly at the photo taker.
Timeless play.

No comments:

Post a Comment