Sunday, May 24, 2020

recognizable


After a bunch of this...


And an astonishing bunch of this,
I have shaved my small blocks of wood into something recognizable.


Turns out we all have a certain bird shape somewhere in the back of our mind.


And a certain duck. 


 I loved how something solid could be made to curve and seem to bend.


As with most creating, no one can tell you when you are finished.


You just keep on until it seems the right time to stop.
I will definitely keep on with these two although the end is just around the bend. 
In keeping with a new passion I am already on to the next.
It will be a giant leap.


My great gramma Minerva carved wooden dolls for my Mother and her sisters nearly 100 years ago.
I'm hoping she would have been pleased to see me try.

No comments:

Post a Comment