Saturday, April 11, 2020

convinced


My daughter texted me a picture of her hands stirring dough.
And she texted me to tell me that the paska was out of the oven cooling.
And she texted me to ask if I wanted mine iced and sprinkled.
And she texted me to tell me that she had put some in a container on the picnic table in her yard and I could fetch them anytime.
She would be watching from her window.
Oh my goodness! My eyes are filling up with tears as I type this because that is exactly what happened when I came to collect the paska and she slid her window opened and called out a hello. I opened my mouth to say thank you and nothing came out. I could feel my eyes beginning to fill and waived a kiss and smile her way and hurried to my car.
We can be connected with texts and emails and phone calls but our heart isn't convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment