Sunday, August 30, 2026

Spares?

Uploaded Image
Uploaded Image
Uploaded Image

Isn’t Instagram inspiring? My graddaughter was inspired to forward pictures of a portable quilted checkerboard that led a double life as a tic tac toe game. 
I was inspired to make it for her.
I rifled through my fabric stash and found some leftover bits from making her baby quilt! And I chopped up (upcycled) a denim shirt and pondered checkers. 
Wooden checkers! Drat!  I used to have the exact checkers for this moment, but they had been carted off to the thrift shop as we downsized once and then twice. 
Back to the thrift shop I went. 
Sure enough.  Lovely wooden checkers. Brown and cream. But not enough. At least that is what I mistakenly thought. And so I bought another set.  At a different thrift shop.  It came bundled with two other sets. I had needed 24 checkers.  I now had 96! It’s good to have spares, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment