At home I opened the freezer and stared in amazement. Nary a blueberry to be seen. But I did have three bags of sliced strawberry.
Monday, August 24, 2026
But I did
Isn’t it amazing that fruit, picked and processed in a flash with zero effort on our part is kept just for us in the frozen food aisle, poised and ready for action? I always buy blueberries and have them waiting in the wings for muffins and waffle topping. It’s become a family tradition. I suppose it’s that tradition that led me astray. I knew blueberries would be on the menu and somehow, knowing and assuming became one. As I stood staring into the freezer at Save On, adding strawberries seemed a lovely extra. Sliced of course. But there had been a run on sliced strawberries and the shelf was empty. Down, down I glanced and there, to the rescue was a giant bag. Three bags worth but I bought it anyway. When you have decided on sliced strawberries, nothing else will do but sliced strawberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment