Monday, January 1, 2024

three strikes

 
I needed a little rug for my entryway. I pulled assorted friendly colors to create a giant ball. The plan was to crochet five strands at once and make a lovely, variegated, chunky rug. 

 

It was hard on my hands to work with that bulk but it created such a wonderfully thick and cushy feeling underfoot.

But alas, when I placed my first quarter done on the floor I found the door would not open over it. Drat? Too thick!
 

 

I pulled from two balls this time and started in again. But this time, the pattern was my undoing. Basket weave is inherently bulky. And thick. Too thick. Drat again!

I tried again, with two strands and single crochet. But by now my door was wary. It caught the rug here and there. It fretted and fussed. "Three strikes, you're out," I declared to my yarn stash. 

I made tote bags instead.






No comments:

Post a Comment