Friday, January 26, 2024

History on rewind

Because my husband and I weren’t born yet when What's My Line was a weekly game show, we have been cranking back the hands of time and increasing our knowledge of the 50’s at the same time by watching reruns on YouTube.  Isn’t YouTube a boon to mankind? 

The host and panel members of What’s My Line dressed in marvellous specimens of fashions of the decade. Glamorous gowns and beehive hairstyles. Evening suits with bow ties. Even the odd tux. It’s worth watching just to see the fabulous dresses and hair piled high! 

The host was a paragon; articulate and droll, funny and gallant. His name was John Daly (He had four sons all named John! Sort of like Dr Seuss and his Thing One and Thing Two. It’s good they had middle names to fall back on) 

I think while watching, we are learning things we never knew.  A variation of educational entertainment and history on rewind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment