Sunday, December 3, 2023

Dancing mouse

Have you heard of chocolate cozies? No? I hadn’t either until I gazed in delight at the cover of Amigurumi Chocolate Cozies by Sara Scales. This book has patterns for twenty little crocheted projects. Crocheted cupcakes and crocheted cactus cover chocolate oranges. Rockets, octopi and penguins are destined to hold peanut butter cups and foil wrapped chocolates. My favourite of them all though is a tiny gray mouse in a teeny tiny pink tutu. 

I think the little pink tutu sealed the deal. I had to make it. The pattern was pretty easy to follow and round and round the rows went. Round and round and round. Oh oh! 

There is something that I think of as the rule of small. The rule of small is closely related to the law of cuteness and I had just broken that law by disregarding the rule.  

I’m sure the book suggested a weight of yarn to use and a size of crochet hook. I overlooked that bit. And therefore I didn’t end up with a darling dainty dancing mouse. Instead I found myself gazing in disbelief at a great grey rat. Will a tutu save the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment