Saturday, May 14, 2011

are we there yet

 Another month, another guild challenge. This time, flying geese. Arrrrhhhh. Pastel flying geese. I turned to google images for reassurance. Sure enough, there were quilts aplenty featuring flying geese as there raison d'être. One caught my eye. A circle of Flying geese created using foundation piecing. I had never tried foundation piecing so that would be just perfect. An extra challenge thrown in as a bonus. It came together without a point missing just as one would hope, and I bravely added a smidge more machine quilting in keeping with my goal of developing some proficiency in that regard. The name of this little quilt makes me smile. If you're geese, flying in a circle, someone is bound to ask, "Are we there yet?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment