Sunday, September 24, 2023

Longed for

It rained!! That should be read with a mixture of joy and disbelief and at least two exclamation marks. 

I’ve missed the rain. Not just missed, but longed for. 

The weather network mentioned rain. They assured me that it was on the way, but I thought, “promises, promises.”

So much for the joy of anticipation!

Instead of glancing skyward with hope I headed off with reusable grocery bags clutched in my hands.

Fresco is a store without windows and I toiled up one aisle and down another with nary a thought of the weather. Out of sight, out of mind. 

And so when I pushed my cart through the crowded foyer and that wide double door rolled majestically aside, I was temporarily transfixed! 

Rain was pouring down.  Oh the sound! As I stepped in a trance into the downpour, a young couple rushed towards the entry. He sized up my expression in a moment and turning to me said, “What does this MEAN? Can summer be OVER?”

Amen and yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment