Monday, January 31, 2022

air dry


Last year, which sounds longer ago than it was, Otter coop gave little packets of air dry clay with purchases as a promotion. The color was a surprise although some colors were as rare as hens teeth and I ended up buying a box of clay to get all the colors which was likely the point of the promotion. 

Air dry clay is wonderful for making jewelry because it is so incredibly light when it has dried. Well, it is light before it dries too. No baking in the oven. No fumes. No glue. Lovely.

My granddaughters eyes lit up at the mere sight of it. Earrings!!

My oldest granddaughter created rainbows. Giant rainbows that would have been terrifyingly heavy in any other clay. These were weightless. 

                                                                                
 
 My youngest granddaughter quickly fashioned several sets of earring hopefuls. 
 

I decided on a necklace because my ears have nary a piercing.


Licorice Allsorts remind me of my Dad....and my husband. What better inspiration can a woman have for jewelry than the men in her life.




No comments:

Post a Comment