Sunday, June 7, 2020

instant tidy




Fabric baskets are a great way to coral the sewing notions running amok in your house.
My couch-side bench often has a sewing needle stabbed into a piece of felt, a few spools of thread in the color of the day, scissors, tiny pompoms, seam ripper, buttons....
What a joy it is to scoop them up and drop them out of sight (almost) into a fabric basket. Instant tidy.
This fabric basket is a practice run. It is meant to be a generous size but I wanted to SEE how it would look before I made a fabric commitment. I wanted to FEEL how it would go together before I chopped up perfectly good fabric and stitched it back together willy nilly.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with commitment issues when it comes to diving into your fabric stash.
Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment