Monday, March 30, 2020

over the horizon


I tend to think of quilting panels as fabric. Just fabric, color coordinated by some other lovely soul and awaiting my rotary cutter to slice and dice into pieces, the smaller the better.


A three inch block worked perfectly with the measurements to get the most bang for the buck.
Rifling in my quilt stash unearthed an amazing fabric to use as setting triangles. A background of yellow and green with a pale aqua print stamped over destined it to be forever united with the diced up panel.


The backing fabric had an allover print that I could squint at as I quilted and allowed me to stitch an all over one inch grid with no measuring or tape required. I've always wanted to try an all over one inch grid with no measuring or tape required. My joy is complete!!


The colors have a wonderful balance between harmony and tension. Everyone knows that makes wonderful music and in art it is no different.


Although the panel was a modest size, it made a runner of epic proportion. It heads off down my table and disappears over the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment