Tuesday, July 15, 2014

survival

I am hoping my pumpkin plants survive The Rabbit.
I can see how pumpkin plants could taste fine to a rabbit.
I am hoping my corn survives the heat.
I can see how extra heat could make a corn plant age before its time.
I am hoping my cucumber plants survive my grandson.
I can see how creating natural disasters with the garden hose and garden soil could be fun.
I am hoping my tomatoes survive not being staked.
And that my flowers survive my beauty loving granddaughter.
And that my hanging baskets survive my neglectful ways.
All things green and growing.
I am hoping there is an abundance of flourishing.
Not just survival of the fittest.

2 comments:

  1. This is how I feel about my garden, too, only my culprits are the unrelenting sun and bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our poor gardens. Some years it is slugs here that finish off the plants. We had a slug one year with the appetite of Jabba the Hut.

    ReplyDelete