Monday, February 3, 2014

scenic

I'm wading about in the weeds of a small quilt project, a Procrastination Project. I should really be working on my Wee Quilt Challenge for McDougall Cottage but I need to build a bit of momentum first. I need to feel the pressure of time crunch.
Procrastination has been the father of many a grand creative endeavor and isn't really a vice at all. There is virtue in procrastination. Anything that motivates us to create has value. And while our hands are busy, our mind is often leap frogging ahead. It is carefully weighing, judging, and breaking down into bites the task ahead that seems daunting. One thing really does lead to another in the creative realm. While it is true that you can't steer a parked car, the fastest, straightest route isn't always the most scenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment