Friday, March 22, 2013

something

There was just something about this needlepoint picture that made me wander past it twice at the thrift shop. It had been duct taped into a very ugly, cheap frame, but the picture itself seemed so peaceful. It made me feel happy to look at it. Giving it a second chance seemed merciful.
You can't go wrong with black and so I framed it rather generously with a Kona solid.
Next, I quilted it with reckless abandon including the needlepoint picture itself.
Another time, I would make sure that my stitches were smaller on the picture itself, and perhaps match the thread color, or add contrasting colors here and there for emphasis. I still may.
I would love to be standing on that shore.
Or gliding around the point in a silent canoe.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Gives me some thought for a cross-stitch picture that I should finish sometime this year. But I think it would be hard for me to actually quilt on the picture. Yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete