Friday, May 18, 2012

treats

Sometimes I buy my husband a little treat when I do my grocery shopping. You know, something for the "inner child."
I'm a big believer in treats, and not just edible ones.
I've come to think of them as a sort of reward. A small celebration. There are so many note worthy moments in our lives that are worth celebrating.
And just as many moments that can be made more bearable with a little hit of happiness, a little treat.
My reward for being a brave girl at the dentist could be a trip to the Thrift Shop.
A doctors visit dictates a stop at the Quilt Shop.
And have you noticed how shared friendship often involves shared food.
At those times it's more about the conversation than the menu.
Surprises and treats and rewards; little things that make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment