Thursday, January 8, 2015

wondrous whale

A wondrous denim whale is swimming about on the internet.
Its creator is a wondrously talented woman who lives in Finland. How thankful I am that she blogged about it. She generously snapped pictures of her work in progress and gave a list of tips for construction. No pattern was included because she is a creator who designs as she goes, tweaking here and snipping there. I like that.
Inspired, I rushed to the cupboard for a pair of old jeans and snipped here and tweaked there myself.

I'm going to try again. That's fine though because whales swim in pods.

My granddaughter has already suggested a beluga.





I've lost track of how many times I've thanked my mother for teaching me to sew.

P.S. Whales can't take selfies so I propped this one up on antique glass fishing floats. Just laying it on the couch made it look like a beached whale.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! It was fun to make but chambray would have been much easier to work with but denim has a nice firm feel. I think I have some colored denim lurking that I'll have to ponder using up. Maybe a sea turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job. I love it! If you do make a sea turtle please post about it. Sea turtles and whales remind me of our time living in Maui.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Maui must have been a heavenly place to live. Hope you still live close enough to the sea to visit it when you can.

    ReplyDelete