Sunday, June 1, 2014

blue is green

I love to make things.
I love to take what I have, and make what I need.
I needed a gift bag.
And a little card.
Brown lunch bags are a boon to mankind.
When I pulled one out of the corner cupboard, I could almost see the blue baby footprints stamped all over it.
I mixed up a smidge of blue and white paint.
I curled my hand into a fist and stamped away.
Hmmmm.
I took a second bag and stamped again.
The tiny wrinkled footprints I wanted looked strangely like Hobbit feet.
Who knew making baby footprints would be so tricky.
I've made dozens of them over the years in window condensation in the car......
My third try was OK.
I wisely stopped at one.
I folded a small piece of water color paper in half and stamped a foot on it too.
I had not improved with practice.
Still, I was pleased with the finished set.
They have a certain charm......
An ancient paper punch was pressed into service. ( no pun intended)
A small piece of ribbon salvaged from a forgotten balloon tied everything together.
It's a green, green world.



1 comment: