Friday, February 22, 2013

moment by minute

Sometimes I forget that I have choices to make and in that forgetting, I am making choices by default. My default settings are not always what they should be either. I think I so easily yield to powerlessness, to fatalism.
I am not powerless though.
Attitude lies within my grasp and has such power over circumstance.
By the moment, by minute, by daily, weekly, rubber meeting the road of life, habits are created and in turn character.
Now if ever there was a thought to make me feel fatalistic, that would be it apart from the amazing reality of regeneration, that principal of renewal and hope.
We were created with the power of choice; a very risky venture by God.
We don't default to thankfulness to Him naturally, but He has offered transformation in His hands.
A choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment