Wednesday, February 8, 2012

sort of like ballet

Who says quilting is a sedentary pursuit.
I worked on a small project yesterday.
I had unwisely chosen to use my coffee table as my design wall.
It is many steps from my dining room table where my sewing machine waited.
After each tiny seam was sewn, I dashed across the room and collected the next block in line.
Back and forth, back and forth.
It would have made a wonderful time lapse video.
My ironing board was just as far away but in an entirely different direction.
One of those work triangles gone wrong.
Each seam was destined to be pressed.
I rose from my machine and flitted back and forth to the iron too.
Back and forth, and forth and back.
It was like a workout but with something to show for it at the end.
Exercise and art.
Sort of like ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment