Monday, January 2, 2012

not so bare

Can we talk about dust?
I am not a thorough and conscientious house keeper.
Still, there is a minimum standard that I try to slide in under.
I do always carefully dust and rearrange as I place Christmas decorations about the house mind you.
The shelves and mantel are usually resplendent with boughs and bling.
This year though, the week before Christmas arrived without the usual fanfare.
I had done no baking, decorating or shopping.
Some thing had to go, and it was the dusting and the boughs.
Decorations were placed on the bare shelves.
Well, not so bare.
I took a few pictures, thinking to share abit of Yule with you, and when those snapshots of the season were cast in vivid color on the computer screen I recoiled in horror.
You can only crop so much.

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring because of the dust....

No comments:

Post a Comment