Sunday, June 12, 2011

never too young

My living room floor is my "design wall." Quilt blocks have been shifted endlessly round and round on its smooth hardwood surface, patterns changing like a kaleidoscope.
I am working on summer quilts for my grandchildren. They will really just be quilts without batting. A pieced top quilted to a flannel backing.
My hovering over the design wall was interrupted by the arrival of my little granddaughter. She is two now and climbed the stairs by herself, her eyes bright with visitors joy. As she rounded the corner and entered the living room she spied the quilt blocks strewn on the floor.
Hastening across the room and dropping to her knees, she placed her little hands on them. "Quilt, quilt," she murmured reverently.
They're never too young...........

No comments:

Post a Comment