Monday, June 9, 2014

mind's eye

I wasn't pleased with this cat when it was finished. Looking at it now, it doesn't seem so bad. It is a strange phenomenon that when you work closely on a painting, your eyes become so focused on the picture in your mind, that any error in the picture on paper becomes a glaring defect.
I have quit painting in disgust, only to come back a few days later to wonder what all the fuss was about.
I kind of like this little cat now. Even if it falls short of the cat in my mind's eye.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that to be so true....amazing how different we see our own work and what a difference a fresh look can make.

    Your little kitten has such a wonderfully expressive face

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has the feel of an illustration done in the 1940's to my eye. I love that you captured the cat's inquisitive look. You've described how I feel about my own drawing/painting....only when I come back to it, it never looks any better!

    ReplyDelete